Code of Conduct
RANDOLPH-ASHEBORO YMCA CODE OF CONDUCT
In order to ensure a wholesome, safe, family environment, it is vital that members, program participants and guests behave in a manner that reflects our value of caring, respect, honesty and responsibility. Suspension or termination of membership or program privileges may result from any violation of our Code of Conduct. Members should report any infractions to a YMCA Director or front desk staff.
- Alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, vaping products, concealed or visible weapons and illegal drugs are not permitted on YMCA property.
- Profanity or threatening language is not permitted in the facility or on YMCA property. Abuse of YMCA facilities or equipment will not be tolerated.
- Clothing must be appropriate to the activity. Shirts must be worn throughout the facility: except in the pool, sauna, steam room whirlpool and locker rooms. Shirts are optional for males in the gymnasium as long as underwear is not exposed. Swimming attire is limited to the pool area. No revealing clothing allowed.
- The Fitness Center is for members ages 15 and over. Youth ages 10-14 may only enter this area with a parent/guardian after having a parental waiver signed, and completing the required equipment training.
- No fighting or horseplay is allowed in the facility.
- Members and guests, 14 years old and under, not enrolled in a scheduled, supervised program or activity or accompanied by a parent or guardian (18 years old and older), may not remain in the YMCA facility.
- Non-members, 16 and over, must leave a picture ID and sign a guest waiver upon their . This is for the safety of our members and non-members.
- Soap showers are required prior to entering the pool, whirlpool, steam room and sauna.
- The YMCA will not tolerate any form of harassment of or by any employee, vendor, member, program participant or guest, based on religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
- No skateboards, skates, or non-motorized scooters are allowed on YMCA property.
- A $25 fee will be charged for any returned monthly membership drafts or returned checks. Please provide us a 30-day period for any change in bank draft information.
- Locks are not provided for lockers; however, there are limited locks available at front desk for daily use. Locks left on unrented lockers will be cut off. Full lockers may be rented; half lockers are for daily use only. The YMCA is not responsible for locks or contents of the lockers. Do not leave items in an unlocked locker. No refunds on locker rentals.
- Cell phone usage is not allowed in the pool or locker rooms.
- The YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction or loss of property is not permitted on YMCA property.
- Program registration must be done in person at the front desk, or on-line. The only exception is youth sports where mail-in registration and payment is permitted, due to the volume of participation.
- Registration must be completed by each program deadline date. If a late registration is taken, a late fee will be applied. Early registration is strongly encouraged to ensure space.
- Full program fees must be paid at the time of registration. Forms or mail-in registrations will not be accepted without payment.
- The YMCA reserves the right to cancel any class or program, due to insufficient registration. If the YMCA cancels a class, a full refund or class credit will be made.
- Classes or programs cancelled due to inclement weather will be rescheduled when possible. Call the YMCA for makeup dates. Youth sports participants should call coaches, or the YMCA hotline at (336) 332-0082.
- The YMCA reserves the right to make price/program changes without notice. The YMCA will make every opportunity to inform the public of changes whenever possible.
- If refunds are warranted on classes or programs, program participants will receive a 75% refund. 25% will be kept for administrative costs.
- Once a class or program begins, no refunds will be granted.
- Membership dues are not refundable or transferable.
- Membership on the monthly draft plan requires a 30 day written notice for cancellations to stop the draft. Membership cancellations must be done in person, in writing, at the front desk.
- If refunds are warranted, please allow 2 weeks for turnaround and fees will be withheld for processing.
- Photo, film footage, and/or tape recording of myself or my family may be used for publicity purposes for the following, but not limited to: Social Media, Promotional Materials, Program Guide, etc.