Pool Rules & Guidelines
Aquatics Director- Shawn Columbia
Click Here For Pool Schedule
- Respect others.
- Shower before entering pool
- No running in pool area. Walk at all times, including when jumping or diving.
- Coastguard approved flotation devices only. (No inflatable devices such as water wings)
- Dive only in 9 and 10 feet marked areas.
- Forward jumps/dives only, no flips. Do not jump into the pool until the person ahead of you is out of the way.
- Horseplay is not permitted
- No standing or sitting on shoulders. No throwing one another.
- Profanity is not allowed in the facility/pool.
- No pulling, playing or sitting on lifelines, lane ropes or lifeguard equipment.
- Kickboards and fins may be used for lap swimming or instruction only.
- Starting blocks are for instructional and special events only. Do not use blocks to exit pool.
- Food, drinks, gum, glass containers and pets are not allowed in the pool area.
- Youth must pass a swim test before swimming in deep water or using mask and snorkel.
- Children 11 and under must be with a parent or guardian at least 18 years old. Parent/guardian must be on the pool deck or in the pool.
- Remove band-aids before entering the pool.
- Use ladders and steps properly. No playing or loitering on the stairs.
- Shower after each visit to the sauna or steam room before entering the pool.
- No excessive yelling.
- No slapping the water with the noodles.
- During family swim times, youth 17 and under must have a parent or guardian on the pool deck.
- Swimmers who must wear diapers must wear approved tight-fitting water diapers and/or rubber pants.
- Youth ages 12-17 must have a parent/guardian present in the steam room and sauna. Those under the age of 11 are not allowed in the steam room and sauna.
- Lifeguards are here to protect your life and will discipline any one breaking the rules. The guard on duty has the last say in what is allowed. This is for your own safety.